Our rules are incredibly important for the welfare of our carp lake. Each angler will be required to read and sign a copy upon booking. Please be aware there are no second chances or warnings. If any member of your booking breaks the rules, we reserve the right to terminate your carp fishing holiday for the whole group with no compensation or refund.
- MAXIMUM of three rods per angler
- No braid (except for marker and spod rods)
- No leaders of ANY description, no knots in main line
- No leadcore
- Barbless hooks only.
- Anti tangle tubing MUST BE USED. A minimum of 18 in (45 cm) must be used on all rods. Our fish are immaculate, and we want to try and keep them that way
- No bent hooks
- Semi fixed lead setups only, lead must drop easily (each angler will be checked during your stay)
- No pellets or nuts. Our pellets can be bought at the lake, do not bring your own.
- Carp care antiseptic must be carried by every angler.
- Radios are permitted, please do not have them blaring across the lake.
- You can stalk if you wish with ONE rod, however do not damage bank side vegetation in the process and other rods in your swim MUST be wound in.
- No sacking of fish. You may keep fish in a retainer for a MAXIMUM of fifteen minutes to prepare weighing and camera equipment.
- All weighing and photography must be done within the confines of the swim, alternatively in the water. We will not tolerate fish being carried or moved around up the bank for any reason.
- All fish over 40lb must be weighed and photographed in the water. Please bring waders with you.
- Please use nets and unhooking mats provided by us.
- No rods to be left unattended.
- Please do not arrive before 1pm on day of arrival. You must be off site at 10am on day of departure. If you are early you are not permitted to wait at the gate as you will block the track for the farmers. If you are due to arrive before 1pm there are facilities in the local village.
- No drugs, alcohol in moderation.
- No litter, this includes cigarette butts. Please use an ashtray and then discard in the bin.
- No fires whatsoever. BBQ only in the social gravel area in front of the cabin not in swims.
- No using the banks or surrounding land as a lavatory
- Shut gates at all times. Never leave the gate open or unlocked, even for short periods.
- Please keep the facilities clean during your stay, and as you found them on arrival, if extra cleaning is required this may be deducted from your security deposit
- Dogs allowed if well behaved agreed prior to arrival by bookings team. No badly behaved or aggressive dogs will be tolerated on site, and all dog waste is to be disposed of in the site bin. No dog mess to be left on site.
- Failure to comply with the rules after signing a copy to confirm you understand them will result in the loss of your security/breakages deposit.
- Recycling: there are three different bins provided.
Bin 1: GLASS CANS/TINS
Bin 2: PLASTIC BOTTLES/CONTAINERS CARDBOARD
Bin 3: GENERAL/FOOD WASTE IN BIN LINERS. Do not put waste into bin 3 without a bin liner.
Respect the fish and the facilities
- Before lifting a fish from the water, ensure you have transferred it to a weigh sling into the cradle! Make sure all fins are flat against the body! Use carp care kits on body or mouth if required! Ensure you have a bucket of water to hand!
- Barbless hooks and safety rigs only, unsuitable rigs will be confiscated.
- Ensure the carp can free itself from the lead if the line breaks, fish safety is our priority
- Landing nets, unhooking mats and weigh slings are provided by us.
- The rowing boat is not for use by anyone under any circumstances.
- No sacking of fish at night for daytime photographs
- Minimum of 15lb main line to be used.
- No fish to be taken from the lake or transferred between lakes without the lake owner’s permission.
- Under no circumstances are vehicles allowed around the lake and fields, vehicles left in the designated parking areas only.
- Main gate to be locked at all times.
- CCTV is in operation at all times for your safety.
- No fishing allowed in the stock pond without prior permission from the owners
- Bait boats are allowed
- Drug and alcohol abuse will not be tolerated, and guests could be asked to leave.
- Definitely no open fires
- We want everyone to have a great holiday
- Toilets are provided please use them.
- No guests or visitors without prior permission.
- Please use bins provided.
- The management accepts no responsibility for injury, death, loss or damage to persons and their possession, including vehicles.
- Facilities to be treated with respect and kept clean at all times, any damage and additional cleaning required will be deducted from deposits.